• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curling bumper stickers

PixelGrafix

Can you please advise me on the best vinyl and lam for bumper stickers. The vinyl i've been using tends to curl after a couple months. Thanks for any insight.

Vinyldog

+1 on the O.3641 But I've never laminated bumper stickers. On several occasions I've stuck extra's on my shop truck to monitor the durability and they usually look fine for about three years. I can't imagine what kind of vinyl would go bad after three months. IJ11 maybe?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Can you please advise me on the best vinyl and lam for bumper stickers. The vinyl i've been using tends to curl after a couple months. Thanks for any insight.

Are you printing a full bleed? If so this can cause the edges to lift after a time. If you can leave a small unprinted border you'll have more luck.

What vinyl? These are bumper stickers, use the cheapest media you can.

As far as laminate, if you use a coat of Clear Shield or other liquid laminate you'll have exactly the same UV protection as vinyl laminate for a fraction of the cost. The only thing you sacrifice is a bit of abrasion resistance. Liquid laminate is fairly tough but it's not as thick as vinyl. Regardless, as previously noted, these are bumper stickers. Why laminate them at all?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

I have a couple options, PM me your info and I will send you some samples to test out if your interested.

ams

If it's just a standard bumper sticker I won't laminate them. They aren't designed to last more than 3 years. I haven't had peeling issues, your probably using 3M and that's why.

Vinyldog

Printed and applied this the first week after I bought my Roland in 2008. No laminate. It was originally process blue. Inside wall of the truck bed.

Attachments

• bsticker.jpg
    bsticker.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 216

TimToad

We use 6mil Semi Rigid with the removable adhesive and never laminate them. We also try to add a small white border on the edge, but if has a bleed we just wait overnight to cut them.

This material is nice because its stiff enough for novices to peel and stick without the thing flopping around in the wind without transfer tape.

Bumper stickers aren't meant to become permanent fixtures on a car.