• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom printed acoustic panels

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Does anyone know of a good source for decorative custom printed acoustic panels? Wall mounted types for a conference room. Or is there any way to make in-house? We have Latex, solvent and flatbed UV printers.

Andy D

I read a while back that many sound techs are using aluminum composite sheets now for sound proofing... It seems alumacore would work best.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I read a while back that many sound techs are using aluminum composite sheets now for sound proofing... It seems alumacore would work best.
Yeah I don't know what you have been reading friend but it doesn't make any sense using plain alumacore for acoustic purposes. I doubt it has any more acoustic dampening features than a straight wall does.
You need some dampening on top of that and after that why even have the alumacore under anymore.

But I know some people who print acoustic panels with Latex and you can use pretty much any that you fancy. Probably works on UV just as well.