• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Printed Adhesive Floor Mats for Dealership

TDFcustomSL

I have a car dealership that is wanting to start purchasing some plastic adhesive floor mats from me. What they are currently getting is 4mil, clear plastic with their Logo printed on it in full color. They tell me there are about 500 mats on a roll with an adhesive on one side. I am having a hard time finding a source for these. I can find paper ones no problem and I can find the plastic film ones but cant find a supplier that can print the Logo on the film. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a car dealership that is wanting to start purchasing some plastic adhesive floor mats from me. What they are currently getting is 4mil, clear plastic with their Logo printed on it in full color. They tell me there are about 500 mats on a roll with an adhesive on one side. I am having a hard time finding a source for these. I can find paper ones no problem and I can find the plastic film ones but cant find a supplier that can print the Logo on the film. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

There is a product called Clearwalk that we sell that is a thick clear floor graphic vinyl, you would want someone with a UV printer so they can do white for you.

TDFcustomSL

I would have to look at one of their current ones but I am pretty sure what they have now doesn't have white ink behind it. If I remember right the logo wasn't very vibrant at all. Would this be latex printable if I don't need the white ink?

bigben

I've used a product called allumigraphics in the past. Great product to print with a latex printer. But pretty expensive.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would have to look at one of their current ones but I am pretty sure what they have now doesn't have white ink behind it. If I remember right the logo wasn't very vibrant at all. Would this be latex printable if I don't need the white ink?

Yes if you don't have to have white then you can print it in latex all day long.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I've used a product called allumigraphics in the past. Great product to print with a latex printer. But pretty expensive.

Yes that stuff is crazy expensive, the Asphalt Art is about the same price but I don't think the Alumigraphics material comes in clear yet.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I think he may be looking for the disposable mats that the service department uses when you take your car in. I could be mistaken though...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I think he may be looking for the disposable mats that the service department uses when you take your car in. I could be mistaken though...

Yeah I was thinking that also until he mentioned clear so I was thinking they are the heavier ones.

TDFcustomSL

Yeah I was thinking that also until he mentioned clear so I was thinking they are the heavier ones.

Actually, you are both correct. However, it is more for the sales department than the service department. Service is using generic paper floor mat covers. The sales department uses the clear adhesive to basically cover the carpet on the floor to keep it clean during test drives and it stays there until the car is purchased. I can find the stuff all day long that is pre printed with something along the lines of "TO BE REMOVED BY DEALER" but nothing that I can have their logo added to.. Thanks for the help guys

chitown928

That clear crap was on my car when I purchased it and it left the glue on my carpet after they took it off and looked and felt like crap please investigate the aftermath of when you remove that clear print. I'm guessing some are more prone to leaving glue residue than others.

TDFcustomSL

That clear crap was on my car when I purchased it and it left the glue on my carpet after they took it off and looked and felt like crap please investigate the aftermath of when you remove that clear print. I'm guessing some are more prone to leaving glue residue than others.

This will just be provided to the dealership. They have been using it for years so they are fully aware that it needs to be removed and replaced within 30 days or they run the risk of leaving some adhesive behind. Being a low tack film, they have had zero issues in the last 4 years according to them.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Ok after looking at this I think I have something that could work really well for you and the adhesive will not transfer. Here is an ad we are doing for it, but I would send you a sample of the clear version. iDot11.jpg

TDFcustomSL

Ok after looking at this I think I have something that could work really well for you and the adhesive will not transfer. Here is an ad we are doing for it, but I would send you a sample of the clear version. View attachment 117567

That might just work depending on price. I would be interested in a sample roll even if it wont work in this application, it might be a product to incorporate into some other jobs. Ill be ordering some Laminate from you soon so if you want to just wait to send out a sample with that that would be fine. Or you can get the sample coming, whichever you prefer is good with me. Thanks

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That might just work depending on price. I would be interested in a sample roll even if it wont work in this application, it might be a product to incorporate into some other jobs. Ill be ordering some Laminate from you soon so if you want to just wait to send out a sample with that that would be fine. Or you can get the sample coming, whichever you prefer is good with me. Thanks

No problem, I will put together the samples and send with your order.

bmt Promotions

bmt Promotions
The sales department uses the clear adhesive to basically cover the carpet on the floor to keep it clean during test drives and it stays there until the car is purchased.

Digitized Logos

Digitized Logos Online Stores
Printing logo on the products is the best way to promote any business. I can help with logo printing on any type of product at Digitized logos.