• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Wallpaper

nolanola

Have you had experience with producing and installing custom wallcoverings?
In your experience, what are the best materials for this that are compatible with latex printers?

signheremd

General Formulations WallMark 226HTR is our favorite. It is High Tack and Removable.

A second favorite is MacTac Rebel 528H High Tack. This does not stick as well as some vinyls on painted walls, but it sticks on any painted wall...

And last, General Formulations Wall Fabric 234. Sticks well, never had an issue.

Paint off gases for a month, so be sure wall has a chance to dry. We have been in a week after paint and done well, but some paint brands will be troublesome this quickly - so always go out with a sample and do a test.

We print using Eco-solvent and UV, so check latex compatibility for each of the above vinyls.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We print wall paper murals on dreamscapes all day long. Now our customer is wanting to do rolls and rolls of a repeating pattern. We have 53 x 52" artwork that will create a repeating pattern. The extra inch on the width is 1" taken from the left side and added to the right side for the overlap to do a double cut.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
oops, I just realized this isn't the thread I saw yesterday regarding a repeating pattern.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
From what i remember when we had a latex printer, HP has their own brand of wallpaper material.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Ultraflex also makes a good wallcover, but it requires liquid laminate and installation via the old-school wallpaper method of paste.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Have you had experience with producing and installing custom wallcoverings?
In your experience, what are the best materials for this that are compatible with latex printers?
We use arlon 4200 either canvas or matte for our wall coverings. We have an HP315.

2B

There is fabric print media, look and texture of canvas, that was self-adhesive. Would very easily pass for wallpaper
Photo-Tex

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
There is fabric print media, look and texture of canvas, that was self-adhesive. Would very easily pass for wallpaper
Photo-Tex
sounds like arlon 4200. They have a matte and a canvas version. We use it on all of our wall murals.

Glennw

Ultraflex also makes a good wallcover, but it requires liquid laminate and installation via the old-school wallpaper method of paste.
what liquid laminate to you use with this? I've been looking for options on some school wallpapers we have installed

mbasch

For us it really depends on the project. For a true wallpaper Dreamscape, Korographics, HP Durable or Endura. All are true wallpapers/wall vinyls and go up with paste. Vescom was our true favorite, but from what I understand they are pulling out of the wallpaper stock market.

Jacob Conner

General Manger - National Sign Print Division
We run a good portion of custom printed wallpaper. We also now have the capability to apply a liquid lamination which allows for easy cleanup of paste and spills at our customers sites.

We are a certified Dreamscape Print Provider. So if you need anything in regards to wall paper let me know! Happy Holidays!