• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer put my road sign on a 40' pole

Scotchbrite

No comment
We've been called in to replace panels on signs made with a wood frame. I'm talking about big signs way up in the air mounted between steel poles. They never like our answer because we won't touch them without replacing the wood frame with new steel. So this stuff slides by city officials all the time. Most sign stuff is enforced by complaint only anyway.

Here's the best example.

DSCN2809.JPG DSCN2814.JPG DSCN2818.JPG DSCN2820.JPG DSCN2826.JPG

Stacey K

I like making signs
We've been called in to replace panels on signs made with a wood frame. I'm talking about big signs way up in the air mounted between steel poles. They never like our answer because we won't touch them without replacing the wood frame with new steel. So this stuff slides by city officials all the time. Most sign stuff is enforced by complaint only anyway.

Here's the best example.

View attachment 158470 View attachment 158471 View attachment 158472 View attachment 158473 View attachment 158474
At least there is a metal pole on both sides going the height of the sign...this doesn't have that. It looks like they just set the sign on top of a 12" pole. Maybe they made a cover for the pole and then bolted the bottom 2x4 into it? I'm not sure.

I'll try and take a picture this weekend.

crgrove

Thanks guys! I’m in a small
Town of only 7,000 so every sign I make is known by everyone in town. A lot of people know I made the sign so that’s why it makes me mad. My friend asked me about it yesterday and said it looks horrible way too small and I made sure to remind him it wasn’t supposed to be on the pole. I have plenty of other jobs to move on to so I guess I better just forget about it and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YEP! It's a lesson-in-communication learned. And you're right, a small town is different. Word travels and it doesn't always matter who's "right".
Cheers! :)

gnubler

Don't waste energy fretting over customers doing their own installs. I've given them a few tips and recommendations, but if they don't care why should I? I went and checked out one of my signs that the customer put up...they drilled holes right through lettering and stuck huge fender washers on the face of it. The sign had like 80% white space, I'm at a loss.