• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer supplying tons of copy

mjames

Premium Subscriber
I have a customer that has supplied me with pages of text they want printed on various signs. I don't want to retype everything if I can help it. Is there a way the customer can supply me with text that can be imported into Omega or Flexi?

J Hill Designs

.doc? .txt? .anythingthatthecopywaswrittenin

what i mean is, open <whatever file> the customer supplies you, copy and then paste into flexi/omega

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Man, you asked the mother of all time vampire questions ...

OCR scanning will get it done the fastest ... but with mixed results based on the quality of the pages ... I mean where do S's and 5's begin and end on 10 point printing? throw some text up in what the font and see what comes out ... same thing with an ocr scan.

Just going to have to retype and tell the customer with that much text you have to charge an hourly fee to typeset. ... only sure way to get it done right.