• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Down Rolls of Vinyl

fresco194

I want to be able to get a roll of 60" vinyl and cut it down to a roll of 24" and a 36". What would be the best way for me to do that?

scole999

Cutting Down a Vinyl Roll

Ronan Tools used to make a table top slitter that you pulled your vinyl through. They made a 30" wide, a 15" wide and others. I bought a 30" and a 15" so that I could cut down rolls into smaller rolls. They work great, however, you have to pull the entire roll through and then roll it onto another roll. The bad news is they stopped making them but if you can find a used one they are great for small conversion jobs.

I have a couple of larger roll slitters that I use for myself but I also can cut rolls for others. I have a picture on my site at http://rollslitting.com

Steve

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Fresco what's the advantage? Have you worked it out on paper to make sure the cost of equipment and time or outsourcing the cuts is worth the difference in price?