• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Mask File Need Help

ArlingtonSigns

I have Signlab Vinyl Pro. I was trying to send a Cut Mask File to Trade 4Over for printing 4mm Coroplast signs double sided in the shape on an blue arrow. I used the Contour Cut and adjusted it to were there was a 1/2" contour cut line around the blue arrow but the file was not right. Trade 4Over sent me this email but this is my first time doing this. Can anyone help on how I do this correctly? Thanks in advance.

From Trade 4Over:
The cut file needs to be created as a Vector file (e.g. Illustrator) with a 1pt
stroke in 100% Black only with no fill and the file saved as a .pdf.
We cannot accept any cut mask files that are made using a raster based
program (e.g. Photoshop)."

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Send me the file of the blue arrow and how big you want the blue arrow to be (not including the 1/2" white border around it) and I can create the dieline for you.

adam.vreeke@gmail.com

Otherwise I found this in a Signlab 9.1 Tutorial:

Part B – Prepare To Vectorize Wizard Artwork provided by customers can often be challenging because the quality is less than ideal for final production. However, a good technique is to convert the artwork into line art that will scale easily. In the following sections, we will produce a higher resolution version of the customer artwork, use a tool to knock out the background of the artwork, and then posterize the image before tracing. Though a number of steps are involved, SignLab combines these steps into the Prepare to Vectorize Wizard, so that you can follow through the work that is involve

Initial Wizard

Steps 1. Select an image and then choose Image menu >> Prepare to Vectorize Wizard.

2. The initial wizard page will query for Super Size and Image Background settings.

3. Use the default amount of memory, and click Yes to use Fluid Mask.

4. Click OK to continue.

Last edited:

ArlingtonSigns

Send me the file of the blue arrow and how big you want the blue arrow to be (not including the 1/2" white border around it) and I can create the dieline for you.

adam.vreeke@gmail.com

Otherwise I found this in a Signlab 9.1 Tutorial:

Part B – Prepare To Vectorize Wizard Artwork provided by customers can often be challenging because the quality is less than ideal for final production. However, a good technique is to convert the artwork into line art that will scale easily. In the following sections, we will produce a higher resolution version of the customer artwork, use a tool to knock out the background of the artwork, and then posterize the image before tracing. Though a number of steps are involved, SignLab combines these steps into the Prepare to Vectorize Wizard, so that you can follow through the work that is involve

Initial Wizard

Steps 1. Select an image and then choose Image menu >> Prepare to Vectorize Wizard.

2. The initial wizard page will query for Super Size and Image Background settings.

3. Use the default amount of memory, and click Yes to use Fluid Mask.

4. Click OK to continue.
Hi Adam. I emailed you the file. This is my first time sending them a print and cut file, so it's a little over my head. I really appreciate your help.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Hi Adam. I emailed you the file. This is my first time sending them a print and cut file, so it's a little over my head. I really appreciate your help.
Hey Arlington,

Just emailed you back, sorry I couldn't get to you sooner but I was unexpectedly away from the house most of the weekend.