• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut off by 0.100x0.100 CE6000 and flexi

bigkahuna_305

when i send a job from flexi to CE6000 it seems to be 0.100 bigger on both sides tall and wide. So if i want a 6x3 sticker i have to make it 5.900x2.900 i cant find anything that is off in the program and dont know where to look

bigkahuna_305

I've seen this happen on my setup, where someone accidentally hit the scaling adjustment by 1%. This is in Corel with Cutting Master, but I'd wager you have a similar scaling option on the computer side that could be sitting at 99%. The bad thing is, it may have been set like that for an extended amount of time, you just may not have noticed until you needed something to be exact.
yeah it was when we cut the same design on 2 different machines then i was like wait a min lol i see the scaling on flexi set to 100% is there a setting on the cutter itself that may be automatically shrinking it by 1%?

bigkahuna_305

Huh, I was sure that was it. I know graphtec's have an offset setting, but I think that's for registration marks. If your plotters are run by two different machines, could you hook the 'bad' plotter up to the other computer and see what happens? Also, I know worn pinch wheels will have some impact here, but if it's cutting true and square, that is probably not the case.
Perhaps the other plotter is set to 101%?
they are 2 different machines on 2 different programs, maybe its a flexi sign issue

battlewagon

If it's always off by .1 no matter the overall size it's probably not a scaling issue, because that .1 would fluctuate based on overall size. Maybe a stroke issue? Send it with no stroke, just a fill and see if it's the correct size.

bigkahuna_305

If it's always off by .1 no matter the overall size it's probably not a scaling issue, because that .1 would fluctuate based on overall size. Maybe a stroke issue? Send it with no stroke, just a fill and see if it's the correct size.
both ways its still the same size its weird idk what it is but am adjusted for it now till i get it figured out

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You need to run Output Size Compensation....assuming you run Flexi. Not sure what other programs call it.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Attachments

• ouput.jpg
    ouput.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 142