• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut panels with winplot

bigben

Ok, this is the first time I need to do this with my new cutter and winplot.

I've made a design for a 53ft trailer in a 1:4 ratio in Illustrator (CS5). Then I've done my panels using multiple artboards in illustrator (23 of them). I normaly do this for printhing, save as pdf, then send it to the printer guy.

I'm maybe stupid, but how do I make this work to cut vinyl via winplot?

I hope I'm clear enough in my description...

Thanks.

Ben

Colin

I don't if WinPlot will do the panelling, but why not manually cut it into sections (using a weld or punch type command with rectangles) in Illy?

MikeD

The techs at Summa would probably be willing to "teamViewer" onto your pc and walk you through anything you need help with. That's the first place I'd start.
Good Luck!

bigben

The techs at Summa would probably be willing to "teamViewer" onto your pc and walk you through anything you need help with. That's the first place I'd start.
Good Luck!

I called them and they did not know how to do it. I finally mask each individual panels to make one file for each, blow them up a 4:1 and sent via winplot. I just wish there where a faster technique.

Thanks for your help.