• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Vinyl vs Printed Vinyl...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This thread got me thinking again about how many people on here do 10% of the actual work. Sub sub sub , some people only install other companies work , some say : my time is TOO VALUABLE to make a sign. But then there are the few on here that do 99% of the work in house . I personally love to do the work and charge a fair price for my work. If everything goes like past 10 years, our Busy season starts in 3 days .
Thats cause most people don't want to work for no $. You could probably make more working at chick fil a than the $1 per yard sign you save. I like the mindless therapy of weeding and apply signs, but its hard to do when you know you are costing yourself time that will never get back.

Jeremiah

Thats cause most people don't want to work for no $. You could probably make more working at chick fil a than the $1 per yard sign you save. I like the mindless therapy of weeding and apply signs, but its hard to do when you know you are costing yourself time that will never get back.
I guess you are talking to me specifically, since you quoted me. Some people might make more at your favorite chicken place. We are a specialty Shop that has full control of every custom sign ordered by our customers. Originally in 78' I did custom Vehicle lettering. Today we have a full service and stocked shop with no equipment payments. We never needed to apply for any loans this year . Some Business plans provide a very comfortable income and the enjoyable pride in creating and finishing each project in house. Ahh the challenge. That's not for everyone though.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Coroplast is temporary and is printed. We don't lam unless the customer is going to be moving the signs around. Full bleed, dark-colored signs tend to weld themselves together in the trunk of a car with the heat and humidity here. We do cut vinyl for stuff that is intended to stick around awhile. Parking signs, store hours, vehicle text, etc.. Normally use a cast film for those. We are too many ocean miles away from the big wholesale printers so we don't sub out anything unless we have to.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Something cheap and temporary, like a Coroplast sign, should be printed most of the time. That really goes for when you have to fill a high quantity order. But there are always exceptions. Some client might insist on having metallic gold vinyl graphics or true fluorescent lettering. Give them what they want, but also charge them for it.

Texas_Signmaker said:
I like the mindless therapy of weeding and apply signs, but its hard to do when you know you are costing yourself time that will never get back.

That reminds me how a RollsRoller table is a great investment.