• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutcontour from Flexi to Versaworks

elise.sod

Hello!

I'm new to Versaworks (been using Flexi) and I see that from Flexi there's an option to send the file as a .eps straight to Versaworks. If you're wondering why, I noticed that Versaworks prints the colour much better so I want to switch over. Does anyone know how to do this properly? The file has the pink contour around everything from going Effect > Contour Cut... but Versaworks isn't recognizing it. Any help?

I've also tried using Illustrator and have set up a stroke to be CutContour (I uploaded the Swatches from Roland) so the colours are correct. There are no Transparencies less than 100% so that shouldn't be an issue. I've attached photos of everything so maybe someone will know what I did wrong?

Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• cutcontour.jpg
    cutcontour.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 726
  • flexi.jpg
    flexi.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 296
  • illustrator.jpg
    illustrator.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 324

bold_will_hold

when I use contour cut in flexi there is a light grey line (not pink) you can use contour cut also try generate decal cut both in flexi both do the same thing.
send to versaworks. in versaworks goto settings for file there is a print and cut option. you may have print only selected. when it is recognize you should see the "dancing ants" in preview

player

It has been a while, going from memory, but I recall under "Hypergroup" there is "Sticker Line". You need to highlight the vector you want to use as the cut line. Then click the Sticker Line option you want. You may have to convert your vector to path. Sometimes copy and paste over if you want to keep the original and cut right on that line.

FrankW

The default cut contour colour (grey with name "CutContour") will work. If your Flexi creates pink lines as a cut contour, you could run into trouble.

oksigns

Versaworks requires a 1pt path/stroke with a spot color named "CutContour" using only 100 Magenta. The perf cut is a spot color called "PerfCutContour" with a value of 100% Cyan.

mark-s

In Illustrator set up the magenta (pink) cut line in layers
Select pink line choose same color name it CutContour
Set stroke to .25 done.

If the Contour line is in black it will automatically cut all contour black lines.

mark-s

Drip Dry

In Flexi

You are correct in setting the contour from the effects menu > contour cut.

You should have a grey line. When you select the contour cut line ( in Flexi) do you see a contour cut tab in design central ?
If you do, then you should be able to export the file as an EPS file to Versaworks.
In Versaworks, there is a tab for cut control. You can set it to print and cut and you should see the marching ants. Default is print only and you won't see the ants.

Keep in mind when your checking for the cut line in Flexi, that if you set it up by just clicking on a line to cut, then you need to click just on that line to verify the cut line. If you set it up by grouping the entire design, you need to group the entire group to see the cut line. In other words, select it the same way to verify it as the way you created it.