• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour line problem

peavey123

Hi Guys,
I have run into a bit of a problem. A customer sent me an .ai file which I opened in illy cs2, applied the contour cut line from my roland colour swatches and exported the ai. as an EPS. This has always worked for me up until this file. I have tried a bunch of different things now and this is my last resort...has anyone ever had a similar problem?

thanks,
Aaron

TheMattMan

Is it just not cutting? not importing over? Left my crystal ball at home... I knew I was forgetting something today. :)

peavey123

haha sorry guys...the problem is in versaworks you know how a cutline shows as "marching ants"?? well for this one file does not have that..just a magenta line...thanks again.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Is there drop shadow or any transparency in the file? I have the same issue sometimes and have to flatten the file then put the cutContour in.

TonyHoles

if it's not cutting it's a transparency issue most likely. Does the image have transparency applied.

peavey123

haha yesssss Big Dawg you nailed it! thanks. Now I know..and knowing is half the battle! thanks a lot guys!