• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour not recognized in Onyx Poster shop

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I AM EXPORTING MY cOREL dRAW x6 DESIGN TO A .PDF FILE, (WHICH i HAVE DONE FOR DECades) i THEN OPEN IT IN MY oNYX but Onyx is not recognizing my 100% Magenta CutContour line.
It shows as a magenta line in onyx but not as a cut line.

I have 2 other computers in my network and they work fine!

The only difference is these two other computers are Win 10 Home and my main computer is a Win 10 Pro.

I cannot see this being the problem.

HELP

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Check these settings under color tab when exporting to PDF:

Screenshot.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
i would not think that would matter, but I did make it top layer and no didderence
I know in illustrator if it isn't the top layer it doesn't work, that is why I mentioned it. I don't use Onyx, but does it take eps files, as you could try saving it as a eps in Corel and see if you get a different result.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Cutcontour doesn't needs its own layer......
No it doesn't, but needs to be at the top in the layer, at least for Illustrator and Versaworks to see it as a cut contour. I don't use Onyx, but was throwing out similar issues I've had to see if it might help.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
No it doesn't, but needs to be at the top in the layer, at least for Illustrator and Versaworks to see it as a cut contour. I don't use Onyx, but was throwing out similar issues I've had to see if it might help.
tried .eps as well and no difference. I used to export all my print files as .eps files but our ONYX tech said it is better if it is a .pdf because .pdf and .tif keep all the meta data attached to the file and it is a better format for printing.. Just saying!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I have checked and double checked all these. See pdf file attached showing all tabs when exporting.
Am I missing something?
Looks like your color tab is correct. That's really strange. So it's isolated to that one computer - was anything changed recently?

If you'd like to email me a file that's not working I can having a look. pat@signcraftdisplay.com

Edited to add: Is it just this one file? Or any file from that computer?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Here you go. Whatever swatch you were using wasn't being recognized as spot color.

Attachments

• 16X8-North Star decal-rev1_Fixed.pdf
    471.3 KB · Views: 182

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Here you go. Whatever swatch you were using wasn't being recognized as spot color.
well!!! this file you sent is working properly when I open it in ONYX. Thanks a whole bunch...but, now tell me what I am doing wrong!

I set up my SPOT colour CutContour swatch the same way I did in both other computers. Please re-explain how I go about setting up my cut contour swatch please!!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
well!!! this file you sent is working properly when I open it in ONYX. Thanks a whole bunch...but, now tell me what I am doing wrong!

I set up my SPOT colour CutContour swatch the same way I did in both other computers. Please re-explain how I go about setting up my cut contour swatch please!!

You're welcome. Glad it worked.

I've never had much luck creating custom spot color swatches in Corel, I've always installed Roland/Summa etc. swatches.

I tried uploading the swatch file here but it won't work, I'll email it to you now.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. Glad it worked.

I've never had much luck creating custom spot color swatches in Corel, I've always installed Roland/Summa etc. swatches.

I tried uploading the swatch file here but it won't work, I'll email it to you now.
the file you sent me works!! Thank you a whole bunch. I have attached the file here if anyone else ever needs it.