• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour not working in Versaworks (not transparency issue)

jsalda

So, one of my employees was having issues the other day, and instead of asking for help, he initializes Versaworks and nukes all the settings! Hard to be mad, he was trying to fix himself, but c'mon!

So, I went in, setup all the queues and settings, but now, for some reason, VW will not see CutContour. I've loaded files that previously worked, and it just will not work. Logged in as an Administrator account, Windows 10 home, latest version of VW. What am I missing?

Joe House

Try "Run as Administrator", even though you're logged in as admin, it's not the same. I've run into this with VersaWorks Dual on Win 10, but haven't seen it with old VersaWorks.

jsalda

WOW! That was the weirdest thing. Used "Run as Administrator," the queues came up empty, added a file in, marching ants showed up. Exited the application, opened normally, and the queues had the jobs that previously were coming up blank, some of them had marching ants and some didn't. Added the jobs back in that didn't and everything was back to normal. Thanks Joe, don't think I ever would've figured that one out.

Joe House

There are some weird permission issues with Windows 10 and it's not a consistent thing that I can figure out. I have just come to try "Run as Admin" whenever I hit a bump. You're welcome and have a great day.