• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour saving as 100% Magenta.

It's happened a few times in the past, but now every file I save that has a CutCountour out line has that outline converted to 100% Magenta. It saves just fine if I use any other spot color (Pantone, Summa Spot, etc) but not with the custom spot. It's not a huge deal since Onyx now warns you if you have a cutter set and no CutContour, but it get's annoying having to change the outline and re-export the file again and again.

Did I change a setting without realizing or do I need to re-install and see if that fixes it?

Edit: Corel X6 by the way.

It's happened a few times in the past, but now every file I save that has a CutCountour out line has that outline converted to 100% Magenta. It saves just fine if I use any other spot color (Pantone, Summa Spot, etc) but not with the custom spot. It's not a huge deal since Onyx now warns you if you have a cutter set and no CutContour, but it get's annoying having to change the outline and re-export the file again and again.

Did I change a setting without realizing or do I need to re-install and see if that fixes it?

Edit: Corel X6 by the way.
What file format are you saving to? I had that problem publishing to PFD. I think I ended up having to check the box (in the Colors tab) that says "Convert spot colors to RGB".

ActionGraphics

I'm guessing you're exporting to EPS to import into your other program, in which case the immediate suspect is indeed the "convert spot colors" setting. Should NOT be checked. Its in the general tab, under color management, output colors as: If PDF, its under the color tab, as XX said.