• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour Spot Colour in FlexiSign

RustyNZ

In Illustrator I can create a spot colour, call it CutContour (precisely that) and any shape I draw in that colour will be picked up as a cut line when I import the job to Flexi Production Manager. The job shows in PM as a 'Print and Cut' job.

In FlexiSign there is already a spot colour with that name, any shape I create with that colour does not pickup as a cut line and the job in PM will just show as 'Print' job. I know that I can click a shape go to Effects->Contour Cut and create a contour cut that will work but there are a few reasons I don't like that way of doing it.

Why does a spot colour called CutContour in Flexi not work the same as a spot colour from AI? I guess there is some hidden flag in the colour but I can't work out what the heck it is. I don't think it's the actual colour I specify for it (usually I use 100M in AI, in Flexi it's a grey). I've tried many things in the past and not solved it.

I know how to work around it but would like to be able to do it the same way, I feel like it's not possible but don't understand why.

Snydo

Have you tried just selecting your AI created cut line in Flexi and just changing the stroke color to CutContour?

Patrice Brunelle

In Illustrator I can create a spot colour, call it CutContour (precisely that) and any shape I draw in that colour will be picked up as a cut line when I import the job to Flexi Production Manager. The job shows in PM as a 'Print and Cut' job.

In FlexiSign there is already a spot colour with that name, any shape I create with that colour does not pickup as a cut line and the job in PM will just show as 'Print' job. I know that I can click a shape go to Effects->Contour Cut and create a contour cut that will work but there are a few reasons I don't like that way of doing it.

Why does a spot colour called CutContour in Flexi not work the same as a spot colour from AI? I guess there is some hidden flag in the colour but I can't work out what the heck it is. I don't think it's the actual colour I specify for it (usually I use 100M in AI, in Flexi it's a grey). I've tried many things in the past and not solved it.

I know how to work around it but would like to be able to do it the same way, I feel like it's not possible but don't understand why.
Hello!

Are you using the contour cut color as a fill? I has to be a stroke. I just tested it with Versawork using the basic Flexi color swatch and it works fine. Tell me if that helps.

Attachments

• Fill VS Stroke.jpg
    Fill VS Stroke.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 131

RustyNZ

Have you tried just selecting your AI created cut line in Flexi and just changing the stroke color to CutContour?
The main purpose I'm trying to resolve this issue is that some of my customers only have Flexi and I'd like to be able to design it from scratch in Flexi.

RustyNZ

Hello!

Are you using the contour cut color as a fill? I has to be a stroke. I just tested it with Versawork using the basic Flexi color swatch and it works fine. Tell me if that helps.
Yeah, definitely as a stroke. I even set stroke width to 0.01mm as my cutters only tend to pickup 0.01mm strokes (hairline in Corel).

RustyNZ

upload_2020-12-3_8-50-46.png

This one only sends a print job to the cutter, if I remove that then use the 'Contour Cut' option from the Effects menu and create one that way it sends a print job and a cut job to the respective queues in Production Manager. Fill is set to None in the above example.

Just to clarify, in my first post I mentioned how AI job will import as a 'Print and Cut' job, when I use the Contour Cut method in FlexiSign it sends a print job and a cut job, when I manually draw a shape and set it to spot colour CutContour from FlexiSign it only sends a print job, no cut job,

vipsigns

So CutContour has to be a spot colour in the pallete. Or get from the default pallete.

Don't bother with strokes create the cut shape and turn it to CutContour colour and tick the wireframe box in the fill/stroke editor. Export as an EPS or pdfand versa works should pick it up.