• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutlines suddenly not showing anymore

timstudio

I had VW setup at a laptop and bought a standalone pc to replace it. Both have 4.8.0 on it but the latest install (on the standalone) doesn't show any cutlines. The same files work great on the laptop though?
Am i missing something very obvious?

timstudio

ps. eps margin/profiles is identical to other install. Convert spot colors bos is checked.

Beats me...

I'm not familiar with windows 8 (just got it to run VW) but wouldn't it be possible to just copy the prefs from the working version to the non working version? Don't know where to look for it though...

StudioSignsInc

If you're saying the same file that shows the cut line on the laptop doesn't show it on your pc the only thing I can think of is perhaps the print/cut option on the pc is set at print only.

bulldozer

getting VW to work on 8 was a pain in the ***. i had the same issue. have you tried running as admin? right click>run as administrator

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure you are using a profiles that is made for adhesive backed vinyl. I have run into this issue when the profile was made for paper. They assume you are not cutting paper with the vinyl cutter so they take that functionality out of the profile.

timstudio

Same settings / profiles etc.
Load file on laptop : cutlines are ok (dancing ants)
Load file on new pc : no cutlines

I'm no trying to reinstall and update to the latest version. Download is veeeerrryyyy slowwwww

timstudio

I was already reinstalling.

Now I'm actually curious why......why does the program not show cutlines unless you open as admin....that does totally not make sense to me ???????:banghead:

bulldozer

something about the new permissions for windows 8. whatever you do, DONT upgrade to 8.1. its a pain to get back to 8 and vw wont work with 8.1