• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter Blades - Summa, Clean Cut, etc..

Goatshaver

I do a lot of full cut out stickers on my Summa and I was recommended to try Clean Cut blades. And with them being much cheaper than the summa blades I figured, why not try. Well I thought it was just my inexperience with the cutting but every time I've tried them they dull out very quickly, maybe like 6k cuts on 3mil vinyl and lam, where as the Summa blades, the one I have in now I've cut well over 14k pieces on same material and it's still cutting good.

Are there any other blade manufacturers that make blades for summa cutters and what has been your experience with them?

Liam Hughes

I do a lot of full cut out stickers on my Summa and I was recommended to try Clean Cut blades. And with them being much cheaper than the summa blades I figured, why not try. Well I thought it was just my inexperience with the cutting but every time I've tried them they dull out very quickly, maybe like 6k cuts on 3mil vinyl and lam, where as the Summa blades, the one I have in now I've cut well over 14k pieces on same material and it's still cutting good.

Are there any other blade manufacturers that make blades for summa cutters and what has been your experience with them?
Try www.edwardmathias.com they make their own blades that are already set perfectly, just pop then in and away you go. Give a chap called Harry a call he's a wealth of knowledge

ProColorGraphics

Not working for me, correct spelling?
I typed in flatbedtools.com and it worked. They are cheaper than Summa, but a lot more than the place I found. I will say the only downfall about my suggestion is that you have to get larger quantities, but the price per blade are so cheap it was no big deal for me.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Have been getting Clean Cut blades for quite some time. Haven't had any issues really. Current one in my Summa right now has been in for at least a year, and I also cut a lot of laminated vinyl with it. When my guys start having issues weeding out normal text then I know it's time to change it out.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
So the guy who started flatbedtools.com is a top industry guru. The purchase price is one tiny variable in how much a blade costs you to operate. If you're looking for another blade supplier, you need to come up with a test being as "sciency" as possible before you assume you are saving/spending more money. ;)