• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter Making 2 Passes

Stroker Ace

I have a Graphtec CE-3000-60 cutter and ProDesign software that I use to make RC car masks for myself and my friends. I believe ProDesign is someone's in house version of Flexi.

Here's what I did:

Grabbed a flame from my Mr Clip Art disc, sized it
and inlined it to make a thin border around the outside

Here's what happens:

Blade makes one pass over the inline - so far, so good

Then it makes 2 passes over the outside border of the flame. During the second pass, it pulls up the edge and makes a mess.

I have it set to 1 pass in the production manager.

If I don't inline the flame, it will only make a single pass so it seems like it has something to do with the inline.

I contacted the vender but he is unable to help. What am I doing wrong? Thank You.

ucmj22

The stock clipart might have an extra stroke that you cant see. Some of that stuff is pretty sloppy.

thewvsignguy

Double, no triple check that you have removed any strokes on the image. I know that in flexi sometimes it will add a stroke, for some unknown reason. Even though you might not be able to see the stroke on your screen, the cutter is only doing what you are telling it what to do.

Fitch

Seperate combine, select and delete one of the inlines, then re combine.

Should fix error.

Cheers - G