• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting a circle graphic that is laminated

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, I have printed on General Formulations 212 and laminated with GF 211. I placed the 36" circle graphic in our Graphtec 8600 and got a jagged edge when cutting. I have attached a picture of the cut.

Tool: CB09U
Speed: 12 cm/s
Acceleration: 1
Cut Force: 35
Cutter Perforation: 8mm / 0.35mm

What should I try to do to get a smoother cut? I am able to cut through the material fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.05.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.05.00 AM.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 349

unclebun

I have a feeling from looking at that picture that you aren't cutting all the way through the printed white vinyl, so it's tearing as you weed it. Since the laminate is 6 mil, not only do you need to increase the cut pressure, you also have to extend the blade farther than normal from the holder.

Andrew Hodgson

I have a feeling from looking at that picture that you aren't cutting all the way through the printed white vinyl, so it's tearing as you weed it. Since the laminate is 6 mil, not only do you need to increase the cut pressure, you also have to extend the blade farther than normal from the holder.

The blade is going through the material and I have maxed out the cut pressure to the max of 48 and I am still getting the same results.

woolly

have i read op correctly this is perfcut settings if so looks like media bunching probably not happening all the way round

Tattoosleeve

The 60* blade is a must.

Two other things you could check.

Roller tension - if you're running thicker material it's important to make sure all your rollers are on the tightest spring setting. We found sometimes the tail end of the media was popping the clips up on the reverse feed. We cut lots of thick/ heavyheavy Motorsports so we actually put really strong elastics on the clamps to hold them closed.

The other thing is roller count. We actually added 2 addition rollers so there are now 5 on the machine to make sure material isn't slipping.

I think the knife is more likely the issue but check those if the problem persists.