• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting a hole

binki

Just learning the Graphtec ce5000-60. Cutting directly from Corel X5 using the cutting master. I turned on auto weld and the holes in smaller a's did not cut. I turned autoweld off and they did cut.

what is the function of autoweld?

ChicagoGraphics

Not sure what autoweld is but when you weld two objects together it becomes one.

Say you take a box and overlap it with a circle and hit weld it will become 1 object and cuts the waste around it. Hope that explains it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just learning the Graphtec ce5000-60. Cutting directly from Corel X5 using the cutting master. I turned on auto weld and the holes in smaller a's did not cut. I turned autoweld off and they did cut.

Autoweld is a combination of two words: 'autow' and 'eld'. Which signify nothing.

The intended purpose of autoweld was/is to weld overlapping objects, like that like of script you forgot to weld together. I believe that the welding takes place in the software, not in the hardware. I could be wrong but I'm not uncertain.

As far as welding the hole in an 'a', was it sent as text or as a vanilla vector object? If the former, then perhaps it's an unintended consequence and autoweld is pretty much useless for anything with text or anything with a hole in it. If the latter, it's completely understandable, stupid but understandable.

OldPaint

ALSO...........you are not cutting direct from COREL........your using a BRIDGE PROGRAM called cutting master.
cutting direct from COREL.......means just that.

binki

Thanks, that is what I meant, I launch from Corel and then cut from the launched program.