• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Direct From CorelDraw on Q100

JustinKaise

The Q100 is basically a 42" Graphtec - the graphtecs have a plugin to cut from coreldraw - anyone got any ideas if I can get the Q100 to cut from CDR? Or is therer a 3rd party who makes various plugin's for these or others? any ideas?????
THANKS!

OldPaint

the graphtecs have a plugin to cut from coreldraw YOU SORTA ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION.....
i dont thinks its a PLUG-IN as it really a driver....similar to ROLANDS HPGL driver .........

JustinKaise

response to response........

I guess it's hard to believe (seeing how they are the same machine) made by same company - that I couldn't just put in the same driver/plug-in, etc???? doesn't that make sense? (of course I'd have to find it first I guess! hehehe

Howard Keiper

Well, the thing is, although the Q's are made by Graphtec, they're made to order according to the S/W OEM spec...They really aren't Graphtec's anymore. What that means is that they don't speak the GPGL language (as opposed to HPGL), and THAT means they don't respond to Quick-Cut that doesn't speak anything but GPGL.
hk

TresL

I am trying get my CE3000 to cut from ILL or Corel and have major issues.

My Cutting Master Cd was lost in a recent move and Graphtec wants to charge $200 for a replacement CD.

Which driver/plug-in are you using to cut with?

Jackpine

cutting from Corel

TresL said:
I am trying get my CE3000 to cut from ILL or Corel and have major issues.

My Cutting Master Cd was lost in a recent move and Graphtec wants to charge $200 for a replacement CD.

Which driver/plug-in are you using to cut with?

Contact SSK support. They can figure it out.

mpa1971

Using Corel w/ Q-Series

I asked one of my senior techs to look into this matter for you all. Please see his comments below. Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Mike Akard
SIGNWarehouse.com
Technical Services Manager

Ok, cut using Corel Draw 12 (also works for Adobe Illustrator)

Customer will have to first install the cutter on USB using the USB drivers on the Q-Series CD.

After creating the design in Corel, they need to remove the fills, and set it to hairline strokes.

Then they just go to Print and select the Q100 as the printer.

They need to make sure that what they see on the screen is what will cut.

Any overlapping lines or crossing lines will cut unless they are welded together.

Updated Information:

In order to cut using the USB driver, the cutter has to be set to GP-GL Mode.
On the Q100: (page 169 of 176 in the Q-Series Manual)
Without any media in the cutter, turn the cutter on.
From the Load Media Screen, press F4 for Initial Menu.
Press F4 for Command
Press F3 for GP-GL
Press Enter to save your setting.
Power the cutter off and back on.
Load media, then follow the previous procedure to cut from Corel.

SW - Tech Support

Last edited:

TresL

Worked on my Graphtec...
The menu is a little different, but, I think the main issue was the reboot of the machine after setting GP-GL....

Thanks.....

n20capri

mpa1971 said:
I asked one of my senior techs to look into this matter for you all. Please see his comments below. Hope this helps!

In order to cut using the USB driver, the cutter has to be set to GP-GL Mode.

Yes I just had a similiar problem with my CE3000-60 and Illustrator. The default driver is the HP one...have to switch it to the Graphtec driver...worked for me...