• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting magnetics material

dakotasignwerks

has anyone tried using a roland camm-1 cx-300 series cutter to cut magnetic material? do i need to mask the back of the magnetic material so it doesnt "adhere" itself to the machine? also, what degree cutting blade would be recommended. (i currently use a 45 degree one for most of my cutting) and finally what force has worked best?

maybe i just need to keep handcutting all of them still. ouch!!!!

thanks in advance:U Rock:

Replicator

I have one, but cut all my magnetics by hand . . .

I would never let mag run over or near electronic and motherboard components !

IMHO

Ken

I tried cutting mag on my chinese cutter..wouldn't pull it thru.
I don't dare try it on the versacamm.
Ken

slipperyfrog

I have not cut it on that machine but I do cut plenty of magnet. I have an Allen Datagraph that is made for cutting magnet. We use a 60 degree blade for magnet and 45 degree for vinyl.

The cutter we have has a heavy motor/assembly and a stainless steel slide surface.

JAMESGANGRACING

my versacam cuts magnetic fine. you dont cut clear thru, just score it and break it off. 60* blade and about 250 pressure. you have to cut the mag to about the right length first as it will not pull it off the roll. oh yeah ,make sure you leave enough tail to cover the eye on the back.

scheid

i have used several graphtecs to cut small runs of magnetics over the years.......

......it will never truly cut completely through........but if you stack black side mag to black side mag......it will not stick to the platelet...........and with a 60 degree blade you can score through the white vinyl layer..........then with a little careful weeding and hand fine trimming you can finish it.........but go slowly.........

flisk

there is a guy on youtube that uses his mimaki to cut magnets... oh and it prints with 20 year ink too... :rolleyes:

Service Sign Co

That Allen Datadraph would be something to consider for cutting thick laminated prints,don't have any experience with one,but if it will cut auto magnets, it's a solid workhorse