• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2 compatible w/ Vinyl Express Q?

ohsotasty

So our sign shop just purchased a Vinyl Express Q42 cutter and LXi 8.6 software Apprentice. I was told that I could do contour cutting w/ LXi, I was not told though that I needed the Master + version.

anywho, I am just curious if I can use Cutting Master 2 (w/ Illustrator CS3) w/ the Vinyl Express cutter. is it compatible? aren't these machines similar to the Graphtecs?? I have tried using it but when it comes down to reading the registration marks I get a scan error. I have tested the ARMS sensor and it reads the registration marks but it when it comes down to the actual job to cut it starts to read the first registration mark then gives me "Mark Scan Error".

I really dont want to have to upgrade to LXi Master+.

any help appreciated.

thanx

Daniel

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So our sign shop just purchased a Vinyl Express Q42 cutter and LXi 8.6 software Apprentice. I was told that I could do contour cutting w/ LXi, I was not told though that I needed the Master + version.

anywho, I am just curious if I can use Cutting Master 2 (w/ Illustrator CS3) w/ the Vinyl Express cutter. is it compatible? aren't these machines similar to the Graphtecs?? I have tried using it but when it comes down to reading the registration marks I get a scan error. I have tested the ARMS sensor and it reads the registration marks but it when it comes down to the actual job to cut it starts to read the first registration mark then gives me "Mark Scan Error".

I really dont want to have to upgrade to LXi Master+.

any help appreciated.

Learn how to add your own registration marks and use the plotter's 'Auto Reg' feature. It's a process with a number of steps but once you figure it out you no longer are you dependent on the software doing the registration. You will seldom, if ever, end up with a print you have to discard because, for whatever reason, the software driven sensing and registration process fails.

The precise process has been described numerous times in these waters, try searching through the archives.

ohsotasty

thank you for your help!!! I actually found one of those threads you mentioned shortly after I posted this yesterday. I plan on doing a test run tomorrow (swamped at work at the moment).

Daniel

CJ Troutt

Go to graphtec america look up on settings GPGL-cuttingmaster HPGL-FlexiSign Lxi
also use the windows drivers for your cutter.
FC8000 watch video from there site this will help.

Last edited:

ohsotasty

changing the language to GPGL was the key for me. works like a charm. I still would like to learn how to manually use the ARMS though in case something goes wrong in the future.

Daniel