• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Cutting master 5 not accurate with print and cut

diltech

Hi,
I've just installed Cutting Master 5 but my cutting job is not accurated and cutting always offset. I don't think is Cutting hardware because with CM4 all job is perfect.

Any suggestion ?

thank

Attachments

• IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 176

Broome Signs

hi
have you got the latest firmware installed, , is your plotter on the supported device list?
FC9000 / CE7000 / FCX4000 / FCX2000 / FC8600* / FC4500* / CE6000* / CE6000 PLUS* / CE LITE-50*

The firmware needs to be the following version.
• FC9000 series: version 1.28 or later
• CE7000 series: version 1.23 or later
• FCX4000 series: version 2.70 or later
• FCX2000 series: version 3.30 or later
• FC4500 series: version 2.80 or later
• FC8600 series: version 3.20 or later
• CE6000 Plus series: version 1.40 or later
• CE6000 series: version 2.70 or later
(*3)The cutting conditions specified by this software will not be effective unless setting is changed on the operation panel of cutting plotter when using the following models.
  • CE6000Plus and CE6000 series
    Change the setting of CONDITION PRIORITY from MANUAL to PROGRAM in the TOOLS SETTING menu.

ONE Marketing

Hi,
I've just installed Cutting Master 5 but my cutting job is not accurated and cutting always offset. I don't think is Cutting hardware because with CM4 all job is perfect.

Any suggestion ?

thank
Hi,

Any suggestion ?

thank
I always say the simplest explanation first. Try another file, sometimes your plotter marks get out of scale, especially when you're maxing out the printer/cutting area. Or if you are over 8' sometimes the material moves while your cutter is locating the cutting area. Then mess with the software if you still have the same problem. Not familiar w/ Cutting Master, but I have had luck fixing similar issues with Fine Cut and cutting out of Flexi Sign. For me, it has always been the print for one reason or another. Not saying it couldn't be the firmware, but I have never had it be a software issue. 15+ years of doing this stuff.

diltech

Finally I fix the issue.

In the CM5, you must have to create the registers relative to page.

Capture d’écran, le 2023-01-13 à 08.35.19.png

With version 4, it was in relation to the artwork work fine.

Also I think it's very important to work by layers but not with option ALL.

Capture d’écran, le 2023-01-13 à 08.31.18.png

IVURI

I'm here looking for this exact issue.
I'm using CM5 with Illustrator and my cuts are WAAAYYY off.
Different files, different materials...even trying to cut the same file a second time might yield a cut in a different place than the first.
Losing money and gaining stress.

My next step is to try to revert back to CM4, but I REALLY don't want to do that.
CM4 probably won't read the CM5 registration marks, will it?