• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Mat Recommendations? ...Xtreme?

Sven

I’m looking to get a 5ft x 10ft cutting mat. Anyone have any experience with the Xtreme mats sold through Fellers? Are they good? Any other recommendations.. thanks.

Sven

I'm bumping this because I want to know what people are using for cutting mats? I'm using PVC sheet now, and it SUCKS! it cuts, breaks, etc...........................

tattoo.dan

I use the extreme's...they work good for me..one I had with the grid and masking tape took the print off, but other than that they do the job fine...I have no idea what feller's price is since I refuse to open the mag and see frank's face all over it, but the extreme brand seems okay to me!

Sign Eagle

We have a 5'x16' table and originally had 2 5'x8', after a while we replace one and half of the second from heavy use and got a 5x12. I get the Xtream from Harbor Sales, their prices are usually better then Fellers. The Xtream is the only way to go.

We bought the Xtreme cutting mat a few months back and so far we like it fairly well. It's very much well worth the price. We got the 4'x8' mat and although the last 8 inches or so have a slight curl, it mostly lays flat. It holds cut marks pretty bad and you can feel them so I would guess these things are made as an economical, temporary solution. We may get 10 or more years out of the thing, but I really doubt it.

I would prefer a self healing green mat but it's just not in our budget at the moment. But I can say I've had my 24"x 18" self healing mat for probably at least ten years now and I swear the thing will never wear out and I've never even flipped it to use the back side yet. I was cutting stuff on it long before I ever got into the sign trade. It's literally covered with thousands of cut marks and it's still perfectly smooth and flat, something you won't quite get from Xtreme mat unless you use very slight pressure and a very sharp blade, but they state that clearly in their disclaimer, basically that it isn't self healing.

Sven

I have no idea what feller's price is since I refuse to open the mag and see frank's face all over it, but the extreme brand seems okay to me!
Ha!.. yeah Frank, what an egomaniac! Gotta listen to his freakin' voice on the fellers answering machine too.. guy is ridiculous.

sigsignman

sorry to change the subject...but Tatoo Dan...I love your quote...I mean really, how much does Frank Feller love Frank Feller?...I had an employee...kiddingly ask for an "autograph" copy of the cataloge...it arrived with Frank Fellers Signature....dang...I wish I loved myself as much ;)