• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting Nested Jobs on a Summa S2 T140

jesselopez5000

Hello, we are printing on Roland and cutting on a Summa. When cutting nested jobs the order it cuts is so random it causes issues when perf / flex cutting. In general the flex cut feature cuts random. We would prefer it cut in the same order as our Rolands. Is there a setting that forces cuts to start at the bottom right of the sheet and to end at the top left? We are printing out of Flexi PM.

Thank you so much.

litewave

Not really sure about flexi..
Maybe here:
http://flexihelp.saicloud.com/en/Content/3_Design/Arranging Objects/Changing Cut Order.htm

If you are or can use winplot in the mix...
You could try using sorting option that says something like "least media movement"

If the artwork is in a programme like corel I typically go on autopilot and will flatten all object contours into one,like this: 1. Select all contours, 2. break apart, 3. combine, 4. then output to plotter.

I never mess about with seperate Object ordering because ( in #3 ) we create one 'closed path' object. Doing things seperately is usually a drawing order thing or a top down approach in "layer/object manager" and in my mind a waste of time.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210208-005212_Drive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210208-005212_Drive.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

litewave

Please consider trying this flexisign 'optimise cutting order' option as well....goto Minutes 28.20seconds:

THE PC WORKS

Hello, we are printing on Roland and cutting on a Summa. When cutting nested jobs the order it cuts is so random it causes issues when perf / flex cutting. In general the flex cut feature cuts random. We would prefer it cut in the same order as our Rolands. Is there a setting that forces cuts to start at the bottom right of the sheet and to end at the top left? We are printing out of Flexi PM.

Thank you so much.
Did you ever figure this out by chance? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy!