• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting out a picture.

bkoshen

I'm new to the software game and I have a question. In my flexi a took a picture, brought it into flexi, and I want to cut a square out. The problem is the square is not square so I can't just crop because the crop won't let me crop at odd angles. In the pic I would like to cut around the green.
20221214_190927.jpg

weyandsign

In flexi, use Bezier Path Tool (hotkey: P) to trace around the edge of the green. Then select both the photo and the square you drew, and goto Arrange-> Mask. You can also rotate the image in Flexi so it's straight.

Stacey K

I like making signs
The best way to do this is what weyandsign said. You cannot crop if you rotate. Some clipart I have used the transparency tool to remove the background and touch up with the eraser or I upload it to Adobe and remove the background.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In Flexi use the transparency tool to remove the, I assume, gray surrounding the green outline. Then, depending on just what you mean by 'cut out', you can print and contour cut the non-transparent part. If you mean 'cut out' and have a non-rectangular bitmap, that's another subject entirely. Bitmaps ultimately want to be rectangular. There are ways, generally far too esoteric to go into here.

JR's

Is it bothering anyone that the liquid inside the glass is not level??? LOL
I am sorry I'm not familiar with flexi, but in sign lab you can make any shape and use alt C to cut that shape out of an image.

gnubler

Are you actually going to print a picture of a label as a job? It's not going to look good, all that small text.

Also, MSG and dried clam broth? Blurgh....