• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting out of Caldera

Ditchmiester

I will try to include all pertinent information in this post the first time.

We are looking to switch our graphics department from PC Computers using CorelDraw to Mac computers using Adobe Illustrator. We already use Illustrator a little bit but are getting tired of Windows and the crap that goes a long with them. We recently switched from Onyx Thrive 11 to Caldera V10 and absolutely love it. My main question is that we currently use CoCut 2015 to do our vinyl cutting but being as that is not available for Mac is it possible to cut vinyl with Caldera? Its not a huge switch for us but me and the other guy in our department both would prefer to use Macs and both have experience with Macs and Illustrator so it won't be a huge learning curve just a difference for a while. The biggest hurdle I can see is cutting to my Summa and Graphtech Cutters. Thanks guys.

nate

I will try to include all pertinent information in this post the first time.

We are looking to switch our graphics department from PC Computers using CorelDraw to Mac computers using Adobe Illustrator. We already use Illustrator a little bit but are getting tired of Windows and the crap that goes a long with them. We recently switched from Onyx Thrive 11 to Caldera V10 and absolutely love it. My main question is that we currently use CoCut 2015 to do our vinyl cutting but being as that is not available for Mac is it possible to cut vinyl with Caldera? Its not a huge switch for us but me and the other guy in our department both would prefer to use Macs and both have experience with Macs and Illustrator so it won't be a huge learning curve just a difference for a while. The biggest hurdle I can see is cutting to my Summa and Graphtech Cutters. Thanks guys.

It's easy. You just use VisualCut to run your machines. Files come in using the standard spot color CutContour and you set them to cut in the print window.

You can run either way-- printed and cut or simply cut (just have Caldera RIP, not print the file, and use the Blind Cut in Visual Cut to cut)