• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problem Mimaki CJV30-100

DreamPrinter

Hi! im having this issue when i start to use the cutting mode. It looks like the cutting starts to moving and the end points don't match. The curious thing its not always do this kind of error. Some one has a clue of what happen with my machine? I really will appreciate any help. Here is a picture of one job where you can see my problem is.

Attachments

• IMG_6340.jpg
    IMG_6340.jpg
    957.5 KB · Views: 384

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
How big is the sheet? What are the pinch rollers set at while printing and cutting?

try turning the cut line on where it cuts between all 4 register marks (it does that first so you can see if the whole sheet is off or if it cuts fine to start off then gets worse)

pressure and speed are also important, what are they set at? For smaller jobs I turn their speed down

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like the offset value is incorrect. Your blade should have the offset value printed on the package it came with. If the setting is set to anything other than that, it will do funky things like this.

DreamPrinter

How big is the sheet? What are the pinch rollers set at while printing and cutting?

try turning the cut line on where it cuts between all 4 register marks (it does that first so you can see if the whole sheet is off or if it cuts fine to start off then gets worse)

pressure and speed are also important, what are they set at? For smaller jobs I turn their speed down

Thank you! I been working 6 years the same way and until now start to doing this error. Every thing its inside the cutting marks. What you see out the marks its the error that my cutting its doing right know. The curious part its that not alway do the same error...

DreamPrinter

Looks like the offset value is incorrect. Your blade should have the offset value printed on the package it came with. If the setting is set to anything other than that, it will do funky things like this.

Thank you very much! The offsets its ok. That error not always happen, some cut fine but the next job maybe not... It so frustrating.

DreamPrinter

I think the commenter above has the right idea - looks like offset issue. What did your test cut squares look like?

Thank you very much! The offsets its ok. That error not always happen, some cut fine but the next job maybe not... It so frustrating. As you can see the cutting job ends out the marks and my file its every thing ok inside the marks...

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Make sure the pinch rollers are all set either the same pressure or the outermost set to high and the inner 2 set to low.

nlnickolatos

Is it a full registration skew, maybe? My best guess is also offset - besides the blade offset values, there are also TP offset values that can affect registration...