• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting problems on Roland 540

ljbutler1951

I have a couple of cutting problems. I design using Corel X3 and VersaWorks to print/cut.

When cutting, the blade does not come back to the originally starting point, leaving a minote piece of vinyl still attached to itself. I have been manually rying to make adjustments and have corrected the FEED part but can't get the SCAN part to line up right. I have even adjusted from one extreme to another and the cut line doesn't move. If you look real close, it also has a tiny twist cut to the end of the line.

Also when cutting, it doesn't cut every line. It misses the lines closes to the edge, on two sides. I have gotten to the point of putting a box around everything just to make sure that it gets cut.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Do you have an overcut feature? Also if you are buying cheap chinese blades you will have to adjust your offset. See where you are at and what the manufacturer recommends.

Goodgirl

It sounds like it could be a couple things going on. The wire that holds your head and cutting carriage may be loose. You will need to call a tech in for that, or if you are out of warranty get your hands on a service manual.

Or it could easily be a bad blade. Even new blades can have chips in them and make it impossible to cut.

Good Luck!