• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Reflective on Graphtec FC8000

Neyland

Having trouble with the reflective material moving about .25" from start to finish of the cut. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this problem? This is the only material that I have had trouble with. I'm trying to cut about a 6' long section. Thanks all!

player

Are you using a reflective blade? The angle is different. I think it is 60 degree but I am not sure.

Also slow it way down...

Neyland

Having trouble with the reflective material moving about .25" from start to finish of the cut. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this problem? This is the only material that I have had trouble with. I'm trying to cut about a 6' long section. Thanks all!

Yes, I have the reflective blade. I have the initial feed on slow. It seems like that it is all in the initial feed. Sometimes it stays right on track, and the very next sheet, it skews off. I don't know.

Snydo

I cut reflective(Nikkalite, Oracal, 3M) almost daily on an FC8000 with a 45 degree blade with very few issues. Deep and slow is the key, speed I run around 15-20 with a depth of 18-20 depending on newness of blade. Double check your pinch roller tensioners are set appropriately, usually strong-light-strong. Also try advancing out the full length of the cut before sending to assure optimal straightness. An overcut(flexi) of .100 helps with points not connecting perfectly. I feel your pain, reflective and polycarb laminates have given me many gray hairs the last few years. good luck.

Neyland

Yes, I have the reflective blade. I have the initial feed on slow. It seems like that it is all in the initial feed. Sometimes it stays right on track, and the very next sheet, it skews off. I don't know.

All good advice! Thanks so much, I will give it a shot.