• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting Sandblasted Vinyl

S2G_101

Graphic Design is my passion
Just a general question , as we usually post on here.

So we are trying to cut some logos out of sandblasted material we have and we have tried cutting it on two of our cutters and it is not cutting deep enough or really staying on track when we have it cut a second time; and we were wondering if there is any other kind of vinyl we can use for sandblasted signs?
So far with the material we have we have changed out the blade for one specfically made for cutting sandblasted vinyl but it's not working like it should. Also, we have slowed the speed of the cut way down and it's helped some but still not cutting as well as it should.

We have this one type of vinyl but it's for stencils to use for wall art, but we aren't sure if it can hold it on a sandblasted sign.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great.

S2G_101

Have you increased your down force, and adjusted your blade out some? What kind of plotter are you using? It may not be designed with enough down force.

Yep we have. Our designer has adjusted the blade multiple times as well as done everything else to make sure it can cut better and it has to some degree. You can weed out a bunch of the smaller parts now, but it's still not enough.
The plotter is a camm-1 septo roland desktop cutter (?) but we switched to our VE Panther Cutter .
The panther cutter is much older than the desktop cutter, going back at least 5-10 years? The desktop cutter is 4 years old.

henryz

We used the Anchor Stencil mask and the Graphtec cut it in 1 pass you need a special blade I believe 60 deg. We used the thinner stuff maybe 10mil. If that helps.

Terry W

What kind of sandblast stencil are you trying to cut and what material are you intending to blast (glass, rock, wood etc)? Sandblast stencil comes in many forms and thicknesses from 4 mil to 45 mil. So a little more info would help set you on the right path.

S2G_101

What kind of sandblast stencil are you trying to cut and what material are you intending to blast (glass, rock, wood etc)? Sandblast stencil comes in many forms and thicknesses from 4 mil to 45 mil. So a little more info would help set you on the right path.

Sorry not entirely good with all the lingo.
Ok so we are trying to use the...
Hartco Sandmask....
25MIL S425S-25

Couldn't find any information on the other brand of sandmask we have been trying to cut, older material that we can't get anywhere unless you want to spend a crap load of money.
And it's being used for a wood sign.

Sorry! No it's not. It's being used for granite columns!

Last edited: