• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting styrene

Has anyone cut really nice circles 2.25" round in 020 styrene ( looks and feels like thin plastic Bristol board) if so any tips to make it clean. I have tried with a drill the attachment that you would use to cut a door knob hole but it doesn't cut clean
thanks

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Go to the SGIA show and take some sheets and a cut file with you... :Big Laugh

+1 on a CNC router

GVP

Find someone with a laser engraver - cuts styrene no problem, we make paint stencils all the time with it.

Davidford7

Has anyone cut really nice circles 2.25" round in 020 styrene ( looks and feels like thin plastic Bristol board) if so any tips to make it clean. I have tried with a drill the attachment that you would use to cut a door knob hole but it doesn't cut clean
thanks

Olfa Circle Cutter. Hooby lobby and I think Home Depot. I use it to cut .040 polystyrene al the time.
David

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Zund and a Drag Knife

thanks

Find someone with a Zund and it's a cinch with a drag knife.
To bad your not in Utah or I'd do it for you.

iprint

I know people are going to cringe, but I use my Graphtec vinyl cutter to score styrene all the time. :omg:
No change in force or anything.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I've thought of that before

I know people are going to cringe, but I use my Graphtec vinyl cutter to score styrene all the time. :omg:
No change in force or anything.

I'd thought of that before we got a Zund. But since we normally use .030 styrene, I thought it would be a little hard trying to get it into the machine as a 4x8 without a big long table and lots of setup.
I don't see the problem in that as long as you use a different blade for that and your vinyl. I can see .020 working rather well, it's pretty thin!