• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cuttings with VersaWorks

CarolinaCabinet

Are there any talks of Versaworks being updated to be able to communicate to non-Roland products? Or does anyone know away to put your own cutmarks that Versaworks could understand.

I am printing with an XJ-740 and cutting with a Graphtec 74" FC8000

Any Ideas?

Bigdawg

Just Me
What program are you cutting out of? If you are using Illustrator (and you may be able to use it from other programs), then you can use the cutting master plug-in to add your registration marks, print on the roland then cut from teh Graphtec. I am assuming you have the ability to read the marks on the graphtec.

That's what i did with our roland/graphtec setup

Bigdawg

Just Me
With the graphtec, cutting master is what you should use. You can download it from graphtec's site - very easy to use - if you install it and have any problems with communication let me know and I can walk you through changing your setup on the cutter.

CarolinaCabinet

I know I am an idiot compared to you guys, but I have always used a Roland XC-540 with Signlab, so when you send something to print and cut, it does it all on the same machine. At the new business, I am designing in Illustrator, printing to an XJ-740 and then cutting on a Graphtec FC-8000 160... So you do registration marks I am having to use Cutting Master 2.... I followed the directions on how to setup the job since this is all new to me, then printed through Roland Versaworks to my printer (worked fine), but then when I put it on the Graphtec, it says it can't find my mark. I have it alligned correctly and have told it the correct type of Registration Mark. I have no clue what is wrong, any suggestions?