• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CX-24 Error mesg:wrong CMD????

TC49010

My cutter was doing great clipping right along the other night, then yesterday it would do 1/2 -3/4 of a design and take off running to the right hand corner of the vinyl or would run strat down from where it stopped and would display: er2:wrong No.s.
I have shut down, rebooted pc: changed printer cabels: changed PC's: and now I am getting a er1:wrong CMD message.
I am open for suggestions!! I am lost as to what else to try. It does a test cut perfect.

:help: Help??? :tongue:
Trixie

flexiezine

Sounds like possible the mainboard experienced a short or something... Try to run a test cut from the machine while it is disconnected from the computer... Unplug the parallel or serial connection, power on, load vinyl and run test cut....

If it performs the test cut properly, try again with PC connected. Otherwise, contact Roland Support or the Roland dealer you purchased the unit from.

TC49010

Ok I tried the demo cut with out it hooked to the pc and it worked , no messages, no problems, cut like it has been. Contacted Roland and they are checking to see if it is under warrenty ...crossing fingers!!! Until then I am working my sx-15 up a storm!!! Thank goodness what ever happened only got one cutter!

In the mean time I have bought another cx-24 and will keep cutting with my sx-15 until it arrives!!

Hopefully if I shorted a board out, they dont cost an arm and a leg to replace!:Big Laugh
Thanks for the tip on trying the demo cut!!

Trixie

TC49010

Ok I sent the cutter in , got all new guts for it, got it back yesterday and seems to be doing great.. BUT.. when I cut now I get dashed lines instead of smooth cut lines.. almost like its plotting instead of cutting..I looked in the manualand made sure the cutter is not set up to pen but didnt find anything that tells me how to go from a dashed out line to a straight cut out line.. I am sure its minor and I am just not thinking of it at the moment... can some one tell me what to check and try please!
Thanks,
Trixie

flexiezine

Does the cut head actually move up and down during a single line cut, resulting in a dashed line cut? Are the dashes and distances between each dashed cut line consistant?

Most of the time, I have found that the protection strip, blade or blade holder to be the culprets in dashed line cuts, if not a combination of all three.

It is recommended to change the blade holders at least once a year, sometimes more often.