• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan banding Issue Arizona 550GT / Acuity HS

darrhawk

hi All,

im hoping someone can help or advise.

we have had a couple of engineers out and still have the same issue.

one of the cyan heads has been replaced so we know it isn't that.

i have attached a few images of some 100% cyan tests ive recently ran on the flatbed and the RMO.
i have also added a few other images of jobs that contain cyan with the same banding issue

Attachments

• cyan job.jpg
    cyan job.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 382
  • cyan test on 3 profiles Flatbed.jpg
    cyan test on 3 profiles Flatbed.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 301
  • cyan test RMO 1.jpg
    cyan test RMO 1.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Cyan test RMO 2.jpg
    Cyan test RMO 2.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Cyan test RMO 3.jpg
    Cyan test RMO 3.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 256
  • job with cyan involved in the colour build.jpg
    job with cyan involved in the colour build.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 316
  • job with cyan involved in the colour build2.jpg
    job with cyan involved in the colour build2.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 299

iprint

We have the same issue. Our tech spent almost 2 days calibrating and we still had banding when they left. A month or so later one of our ink lines ruptured and was replaced and the problem became less noticeable. Our cyan heads are original and I am guessing they are worn/tired and are susceptible to vacuum issues that are causing the banding. This is just my theory though. Quality Smooth is what we print in when cyan is dominant in the image. My bet is that if you change the other cyan head your problem would go away.

darrhawk

thanks for this.

we recently replaced one cyan head do you suggest the other one needs it too?

trying to avoid this if it isnt needed as its not cheap to replace the head

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Could be an ink issue, especially if you have worked to rule out other possibilities. I have seen several cases of banding such as this going away after switching inks.

darrhawk

Could be an ink issue, especially if you have worked to rule out other possibilities. I have seen several cases of banding such as this going away after switching inks.

we have been using the same ink and haven't changed, so surely this wouldn't just start happening it would happen from the start.

thomlov

I've got two 660 XT, they are both like this. It's normal, and can't be fixed - according to Oce/Canon.
I've had tech's for days trying to adjust everything, but it doesn't improve sadly. My old 480xt without staggered heads wasn't like this.

darrhawk

hi, Ive spoken to my director. who has advised me we have always use OEM inks and it happens with every sack of ink.

darrhawk

I've got two 660 XT, they are both like this. It's normal, and can't be fixed - according to Oce/Canon.
I've had tech's for days trying to adjust everything, but it doesn't improve sadly. My old 480xt without staggered heads wasn't like this.

our issue has only started to happen within the last 6-8 months