• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan everywhere

DoubleDiamond

Not overspray looking and not random. The yellow we thought was all, but looking closer this cyan dot pattern is noticeable in the magenta and the cyan appears to have white, or a lack of dots, so like the missing dots are in the other colors...??? we are printing on a roland SP540-V. The cyan/black printhead is 1 year old and the yellow/magenta is stock, like 10 years. Heavy printing the last 3 years, light printing the three before and no printing at all the first 4 years. Last check the older one is around 2 billion fires. New cap tops this morning, flipped and cleaned the encoder strip too. Tomorrow we will put a new damper on the cyan. We may need a new cyan/black print head, just want to try anything else first. It's really acting like a command problem maybe software related. The test print (forgot name) on the keypad fires all fine and the one from versa works is very fine resolution, just cyan all over the place where there is ink, not in the white areas. After the damper we will do a fill pattern print test. I have spoken to a tech but thought if anyone has experienced this they may have a solution.
Many thanks, Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 79

Ragnabrok

how does it look if you print an actual job? that versaworks test print is always pretty gritty in the solid colours.

DoubleDiamond

Same on jobs, but a nozzle test in service mode shows no overspray. Still working with a great tech and trying more print tests to diagnose the problem, but was hoping that someone had this same issue and knew the solution.
Thanks, Joe

greysquirrel

Well if you a have a tech onsite..I would flip the cyan head wth another...make sure he changes rank...run a few strong cleanings first to clear head...leave dampers in place...see if the problem follows...It should only cost you 1.5 hours of service time..but let you know right away if it's the head.

Andy D

Did you figure it out?
I had a printer one time that did something similar due to
the fact the heads "misted" while the printer wasn't printing
to keep the heads wet, but a glitch caused it to mist while printing.

But really, to me, it looks just like you have 1-10% cyan and/or black ripped
in your yellows and whites.