• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CyrCon 2008 - Cyrious Software - ISA Show Orlando

cyrious

If you are a Cyrious user and planning on attending the ISA show in Orlando, click on this link and find out what is happening at CyrCon 2008.

http://www.cyrious.com/CyrCon2008/

http://www.cyrious.com/soultions/
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<TABLE height=109 width="98%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left height=2>CyrCon 2008 Training Topics:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Control Sessions:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

· Setting up Control for Sales Management and Marketing<o:p></o:p>

· Tailoring Your Dashboards <o:p></o:p>

· Automating Your System <o:p></o:p>

· Understanding the Cyrious Explorer <o:p></o:p>

· Real-World Marketing Using Cyrious <o:p></o:p>

· Setting Up Macros <o:p></o:p>

· Setting Up Control for Production<o:p></o:p>

· Using Stations <o:p></o:p>

· Managing Work-flow <o:p></o:p>

· Production Management <o:p></o:p>

· Production Scheduling <o:p></o:p>

· Production Terminal <o:p></o:p>

· Moving Accounting to Control<o:p></o:p>

· Accounting & Payroll<o:p></o:p>

· Job Costing<o:p></o:p>

· Advanced Pricing<o:p></o:p>

· Tips & Techniques <o:p></o:p>

· Pricing Form Creation Using Control Customizable <o:p></o:p>

· Setting Up Control for Labor Costing & Payroll<o:p></o:p>

[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a great way to get the most out of your Cyrious investment and talk to other owners about how Cyrious has made a difference in their business. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]--"Cyrious Software's unique marketing tools have helped our company increase product awareness as well as remind past customers that we appreciate their business. This increase in awareness has in-turn increased our sales by 20%." - Cain Goettelman --[/FONT]

RobGF

Greetings Cyrious fellow;

You know what would be really spiffy? If you folks would actually put some useful information or having working links to your SMS product. When I have managed to speak with a human being at Cyrious I am always informed that SMS is still a real product and that development continues... but there is never any information on the website. E-mails are rarely answered and when they are, they usually contain non-functioning links to the SMS information which is supposed to be present. The few working links provided are for ancient maintenance patches...

Ok, so maybe I'm being just a tad negative but I'm sure I'm not the only SMS user out there that feels like he's stuck in limbo. I know there's the Control upgrade option but for me it's not a fit right now.

Back to your regular scheduled programing... rant off.

ScottyDoo

I was informed that SMS was not being heavily developed anymore, just some fixes pretty much. We were pushing it to the limit and had to move to Control.

What a painful experience. It has not been a fun transition. They couldn't even convert all our data the first time, it crashed their server. Apparently our database was the biggest they had seen. We're running and still tweaking like mad, but most users hate it. It is NOT intuitive or user friendly. There is a ton of great stuff in there, but it's all a mess.

I come from a software background and I'm amazed they have so much marketshare and such and expensive product, but can't get a decent, organized GUI.

RobGF

ScottyDoo,

At least somebody it telling you what's going on. When I've spoken with them, it's always "oh, there's a new version coming... sms still matters."

Rob

ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo,

At least somebody it telling you what's going on. When I've spoken with them, it's always "oh, there's a new version coming... sms still matters."

Rob

They didn't before the upgrade...I asked and asked. They said a v9 was coming out of SMS, put out a press release saying January 2007, but nothing. Then they removed the press releases and then in the forums (which they never use or monitor) they mentioned that they rebranded 9.0 as 8.8, and the last reply was this:

SMS 8.8 is undergoing final testing, after which it will be released. If everything continues to go well, I'd speculate that it should be released in early September.

Well september has come and gone and nothing happened. We had no choice but to update. We were losing data due to errors and crashing. Basically it's because of the old database technology used to build SMS (paradox) wasn't built to handle to load we put on it. We had 14 users constantly reading and writing to the database and so it had lots of data collisions, and you name it, resulting in guess what...orders that were wiped out completely. Was happening almost every day.

cyrious

Thanks guys, we appreciate the feedback both good and bad. Just as an FYI, SMS is no longer in development or sold but will continue to be supported well into the forseeable future. We are also always interested in any suggestions that you have that will make the system easier for you to use. Much of what you see in Cyrious is the result of the wants of our customers and we are constantly working to make it the best system available.