• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D.B. Cooper found in a sign shop?

CES020

Anyone else see Brad Meltzer's show "Decoded" on D.B. Cooper last week (history channel)? I thought they did a really good job tracing down the D.B. Cooper story (in fact, they seemed to have solved it). The guy they believe that was D.B. Cooper(dead now) bought a house shortly after jumping from the plane, but when they went to find the house, which was in the country at the time it was built, it was built up, and it had been turned into a Sign Shop. Was that anyone of you? :) They went into the sign shop, talked to the owner and he gave permission to search the place. Thought it might have been someone here!

Went over top of the room that would have been his bedroom and found a secret compartment in the attic, right above his room.

I've seen a couple of these shows, and this was the first one I felt like they actually did solve.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Yeah- I saw it too. Pretty convincing evidence IMHO... the overlay of the suspect drawing over his photos was pretty close. And everything else added up. The sign shop house was the kicker for me...

I wondered if it was anyone here too :smile:

petesign

How do you think I bought my printer?

*sigh* no...

I watched that too... Started to record all of them.. In other tv related topics... did anyone here see Top Gear last night?

John L

I thought DB was later caught and sent to a PA prison but broke out and was recaptured in VA? Or was that a DB copycat?

CES020

I'm not sure about that on John, I came in once they had already started the show.

I thought it was really interested when they interviewed the retired FBI guy that was on the case and he said "it would be impossible for anyone to survive that jump from the plane, it was X degrees that day and at that altitude, the temp would have been negative Y and no one would survive that".

Then they went to the skydiving place and the guy with 1000's of jumps under his belt says "No problem at all, in fact, there's a place that does the D.B. Cooper jump, same type plane".

When asked would he did it if he had the chance, he said "Absolutely".

So from the FBI guy saying "No way possible for anyone to survive it", to find out that people do the same jump every year for fun.

I was pretty convinced they found him too. I did think his old time friend had a heck of a lot more to do with it than he wanted to talk about. All those letters from D.B. saying how he lived with the guy and his wife and how close they were, and then the guy says "We weren't really friends, and he didn't live with us".

So he just made up all those letters?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Love Top Gear too but missed it last night.

John L. No - the DB Cooper case is the only unsolved airplane hijacking in history. That was one of the first things they mentioned on the show. There was a picture of the guy (can't remember his real name) coming in the door holding a big white bag, a briefcase exactly like the one in the skyjacking wearing a coat that matched descriptions too. Someone had to take that picture - I believe it was his friend.

That was probably the most interesting one I watched. Most the other Decoded didn't answer diddly.

mikey-Oh

number one, i love comic books... point number two i love comics books.
thanks ces020, i keep tryin to find what didn't know

S

SignTech

Cool program, loved it. Wish I had my shop in the woods just like that ...

GoodPeopleFlags

I didn't see it but my guy told me about it the other night. I was also hoping to find out if the sign shop was owned by someone here? That would be cool!

SignLogic

Just had to go and watch it on the DVR. Pretty convincing. Nice little shop.

Not too big of a fan on the "American" version of top gear, still like the original much better.

OldPaint

d.b.cooper supposedly is dead now. he died in MILTON FL. and some woman here says he told her with his last few breaths...........he was D.B. COOPER.

John L

If they had just looked behind that massive stack of 18x24 coroplast blanks.

(If the shop owner is here.. I'm just kidding)

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Not too big of a fan on the "American" version of top gear, still like the original much better.[/QUOTE]

The original has much more entertaining Hosts...