• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D750

Ruddbow

I am thinking about upgrading to a larger plotter. I really like the Summas. Couple of questions I have. 1) This plotter is sprocket fed? 2) when did Summa discontinue this model? 3) fair price for a used one? 4) Any known issues with this model?

Thank you.

WB

We have a D1440, use it alot works pretty good, not sure how this compares with the D750, but I'm pretty happy with ours

SAS

They started to discontinue the D-750 around Aug. of last year. They were selling for $3495 I bought the T-750 in Sept. for $3995 I'm also very happy with mine. The only change was they added a digital touch screen to the new model. That did not turn me on because I have a 30in Mutoh that has holes in the key pad from years of use.

Ruddbow

750 ctd.

so is the D750 sprocket and friction fed? Have any of you cut sandblast mask with yours? Is $2600 a good price for a used one?

jbennett

D750 is a great machine. I have cut miles and miles with mine, with no real problems. It is friction fed. I would think that $2600 for a used one might be a little high. The only way that I would consider it, is if it has hardly been used. It may be worth $2600 but I would have a hard time going that much.

jbennett

jasper

I agree that the price should be based on useage. That might be a bit hard to determine unless you really trust the seller. I've used mine for probably 7 years, mucho vinyl, no problems and it still looks close to new. if I spiffed her up it could (mis)represent it as barely used.

I have cut a fair amount of sandblast rubber too but you need the brass sandblast cutter, if you go for it.

Colin

I too have had one for about 6-7 years, they're a great machine.
They are not a sprocket feed, but track well, and if you use the roller guides, you can cut an entire 50 yd roll.
I have cut rubber resist with the std blade holder and a 60 degree blade, but it is not recommended. The std blade holder is plastic and is not designed to take that much force. Buy the brass holder, it uses larger (fatter) blades.
I didn't know that they discontinued it, you could always phone them and discuss it.

There is one way of finding out (roughly) if it's been used a lot. Remove the cover on the left side and inspect the two small drive belts. The notches on them are square when new, and with a LOT of use they become sort of pyramid shaped. The large belt visible on the front of the machine will not do this - it lasts much longer, so no use in inspecting that.

Ask for a demo of that particular unit.