• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Damaged File Error while opening AI file

codylee

Hi all,

I was working on an AI file when my system turned off due to electricity failure. When I tried to open the file, it displayed an error which states, "Acrobat PDF file format is having difficulties. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." I'm using Adobe Illustrator 10. What should I do for the problem?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Might not be recoverable.
You could try opening it with Adobe reader to see if there is anything retained in the file.
If you have Acrobat or Distiller you might see if they can open it.
In Illustrator open up a blank file and try to place the problem file into it.
If it opens you can embed and edit it.
If it still fails and it is not to large I can take a look at it.
Maybe Illy CC can do something with it.

wayne k
guam usa

ethanlyons

Hi

there is not much you can do.

However there may be a TMP file in the same folder, you can try renaming it to AI and see if this opens. Helped me on a couple of occasions but also has not worked in the past.
Illustrator Repair Toolbox restores corrupted *.AI files in vector graphics editor Adobe Illustrator. Software read corrupted file, analyze data in it and save a recovered data into new .ai file.
For more: http://www.repairtoolbox.com/illustratorrepair.html