• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Dashed lines dont stay dashed in GoProduce

GiveUsSigns

I am fairly new to using Summa GoProduce with our Summa 1612 cutter flatbed. My question is this, when I import the .pdf file into GP, it takes my dashed lines and makes them continuous. My dashed are lines are used for creasing/fold points graphics edges in weird angles and curves.
I checked the file in Adobe Acrobat and it shows the lines as dashed, but when I import them, they turn into a solid/continuous line.
Anybody know how to tell GP to keep the lines dashed? or dotted?
Or do I need to make them dotted? Was gonna try that and see if it works.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't have go produce with me now but edit the import macro. There is something called "fix lose ends" or "close lines" something like that.

I think that's your issue.

GiveUsSigns

I don't have go produce with me now but edit the import macro. There is something called "fix lose ends" or "close lines" something like that.

I think that's your issue.
Thanks, I will go see if you I can find that in the import macro, may have to break out the users manual.

airborneassault

How is the dashed line built? It may be something that needs expanded in illustrator so it recognizes each dash as an independent item instead of one continuous path that only displays as a dash

markdarian

Hey GiveUsSigns,

We had the same problem with our Summa and our reps had no idea how to fix it. We were trying to use dashed lines as perforations/perforated cuts on our products, but they always turned into straight lines when imported into GoProduce.

This is the only solution I was able to come up with:

In Adobe Illustrator, follow these instructions:

1. Select your dashed path/line
2. Choose Object > Rasterize. Use a high resolution setting like 300ppi and click OK.
3. Choose Object > Image Trace > Make
4. Open the Image Trace panel, click the disclosure triangle to reveal the Advanced options, uncheck Fills in the Create section so that only Strokes is selected.
5. Click Expand in the Control panel or choose Object > Image Trace > Expand.

This fixed it for us, hopefully it works for you as well. It's a huge pain, but it seems to be the only way to fix this issue on Summa/GoProduce

GiveUsSigns

MarkD,
Thank you, I have tried almost everything. And that is exactly why I had dashed lines, for perf cuts on mx graphics. Not all graphics need em, but some do because of the interesting curves they come up with.
I will give your method a shot.
But, what I did end up doing this morning was run my first cut not all the way through the vinyl/laminate. Then ran the same pattern again with a 2nd cut, this time increased the depth of the cut to cut out the perimeter, but then erased the dashed lines (which weren't dashed of course) on the existing pattern and ran the cut again. So I got a scored perf cut where it needed to be and not all the way through to give some flex in the perf line. Hopefully that will work, Unfortunately, I did not do the install, so not sure how it worked out. I will ask the client how it went.