• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC4...can this die cut like it's little brother?

I am seriously looking at making the transition over to Thermal printing from my current eco-sol versacamm... 90% of what I do is vehicle lettering, decals and motocross graphics, of which the MX stuff is a waste on the versacamm as it's just not capable of cutting it and I can't hit the bright colors I am looking for... Not too mention the thought of not having to print, laminate, and then cut is very intriguing :)

I am curious if the DC4 has the ability to die cut as well as contour like the DC4sx. The die cut option is a nice touch for all the decals that I create. I still realize that I will need to look into a dif. cutter unless the summa is capable of cutting vinyl that is 18-20 mil thick.

Suggestions, comments?? what do you guys think of the Summa line esp the sx model? I started researching these a few months ago and figured the GERBER EDGE was THE machine I needed, but I'm thinking that the summa might be much more geared towards what I want to do with the larger print width and still having the ability to print spot colors.

Thanks for any info!

signage

From the research I have done on the Summa the DC4 does all the DC4sx does except larger. The down fall is Summa is the only supplier of foils and also limited color selection and no translucent.

Jim Doggett

Yes; the printhead and cutter in DC4 and DC4sx are identical. DC4 is wider than DC4sx and has a motorized take-up roller. That, as I recall, is the only difference between the models.

Jim (former Summa VP)