• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decal Back Slitter

Elvis9

Does anyone here have a source for back slitters for decals, I have been looking but have not been able to find one ( not looking for an industrial one, just a hand held unit )

E9

Bob Gilliland

You could give these folks a call. You're interested in the "Akukut" unit.

Tobias Associates, Inc.
50 Industrial Drive
P.O. Box 2699
Ivyland, PA 18974.0347

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/tobiasinc/TApages/prodother.htm

boxedsmilie.gif

Dale Horn

One thing I've noticed with these slitters is that the graphic has a higher chance of failing where it was slit on the back compared to one that hasn't. If the customer insists - I guess it does lead to more repeat sales as long as you set the proper expectations.

Elvis9

Ordered and Recieved AkuKut and it cuts to the correct depth when used with a good mat under it ( we use speedpress mat on 2 4x8 tables ) make sure to use it in an area with little or no defects in the mat!
Overall it does what we needed it to do ( had an order for decals for children and it made it easier to remove the backing paper for them )
A little pricey for a razor blade though........

E9

Bob Gilliland

Elvis,

Some people say the same thing for that Gerber iron that melts crayons.....uh......I mean.......uh.........the Edge.
devil.gif
boxedsmilie.gif

Glad it worked out for you. :wink: