• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decal stock advice

Let's Go Mets!

I print a lot of small decals for customers usually always on a cheaper calendar stock like the orajet 3640 and i recently had a complaint from a customer saying...

"We are running low on the emergency call stickers. Do you have any other type that might stick better? We have been noticing they easily peel off." When asked what he uses them for he wrote "It depends on the job site, but sometimes steel valves, pipes, or boxes. I got feedback that they easily peel off from a couple of technicians on the field."

Should i be using something better and if so what would you recommend? This vinyl when applied right i feel like is almost difficult to remove so there's a part of me that thinks they put them on like shit and probably don't clean the surface but not sure if I should write that. Thoughts?

damonCA21

To be honest I have never had a problem with decals being easy to peel off, even with cheaper vinyl. I imagine they are just sticking them onto dirty surfaces which is causing the problem. Also this time of year metal can have thin layers of condensation you often can't see, which again will cause problems