• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

decals for coolers

gnubler

Old thread bump, same problem. Customer wants decals on Rtic brand coolers. Their logo is too detailed for cut vinyl, so I suggested printing with a background to match the color of the cooler. I outsource my printing so am limited on media choice. My color tests on IJ80 with matte lam didn't stick at all on the top of the lid (textured surface) and sticks "ok" on the front, but probably won't last long. Rtic stuck their own decal on the front, looks to be black printed on clear vinyl (see pic) and I can lift it with a fingernail. I also tried a scrap of 3M cast plotter vinyl, also doesn't adhere that well.

So my options are to try whatever floor vinyl S365 offers, or just tell the customer it can't be done, right? Screen printing won't be cost effective for the small quantity.
20230103_103713.jpg
20230103_103720.jpg

Jason Thomas

Old thread bump, same problem. Customer wants decals on Rtic brand coolers. Their logo is too detailed for cut vinyl, so I suggested printing with a background to match the color of the cooler. I outsource my printing so am limited on media choice. My color tests on IJ80 with matte lam didn't stick at all on the top of the lid (textured surface) and sticks "ok" on the front, but probably won't last long. Rtic stuck their own decal on the front, looks to be black printed on clear vinyl (see pic) and I can lift it with a fingernail. I also tried a scrap of 3M cast plotter vinyl, also doesn't adhere that well.

So my options are to try whatever floor vinyl S365 offers, or just tell the customer it can't be done, right? Screen printing won't be cost effective for the small quantity.
View attachment 163251
View attachment 163250