• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

decals for coolers

petepaz

try the hi-tac vinyls / low surface energy vinyl.
worse case use 3M 9471 adhesive. that will work but you have to get some non-pressure sensitive material that you can apply it to.
no matter what you put on it will be able to be removed if someone really wants it off. sometimes the customer's expectations are a little too high for how well a decal should stick on their product. "i want a stick you can't take off!" well how about an .080 aluminum nameplate and you can bolt it on?

We wrap Yeti's a lot for our boat wrap customers. We use Arlon DPF 8000 for just decals on them, it does have some shrinkage though especially when they leave them out in the sun all the time. For full wraps on them, we just use Arlon 6000 XRP and tape prime all the edges. Haven't had any come back for lack of staying on. They take a beating though, so the customers usually want them rewrapped long before the vinyl stops holding up.

rjssigns

Some time ago I had a similar request on gun cases for air transport. Solved the issue by having custom Lamicoids engraved then attaching with 4-40 stainless hardware with lock-nuts. Still in use today.

brian_fellers

Orajet 3105HT is the BEST option. It's around .49 cents per sf, super tacky, and you can even get it in a short roll, like 10' I think. Or the 3951HT is the cast version of 3105HT, but much more pricey. People use 3105HT for just about ANY hard to stick surface.

Shadowglen

OK just had a customer bring in 4 yeti coolers so instinct of course brought me to 101. Search brought this thread up. Just wondering since it has been dead for over 6 months if someone else had anything to add. Thanks Dave.

NHuckaby

OK just had a customer bring in 4 yeti coolers so instinct of course brought me to 101. Search brought this thread up. Just wondering since it has been dead for over 6 months if someone else had anything to add. Thanks Dave.

just use the oracal3105 with a heat gun and roller and if you laminate. use the 3M 8518

MikePro

just did a bunch of coolers. same issue, low energy plastic/textured surface, yuck.
...Arlon DPF8000 did the trick!

MikePro

its technically a calendared vinyl but I used a cast overlaminate to aid in longevity... Arlon 3200 or 3M 8500 series' have both worked just fine for me. My initial samples that I put up on hard-to-stick places around the shop, over a year ago, are still going strong with Arlon 3420 calendared overlam.