• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions decals for furnace

Copierguy

Was wondering if anyone has a suggestion of the best material to print a decal on? The decal would be going on a home furnace. The customer would be using it to write service dates on. The customer is hoping it would last more then 2 years. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Marie

Stouse has an industrial polyester decal that is for high temps - but you would have to contact them to find out what the temperature range is.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
thanks for that info. what type of adhesive vinyl would you suggest?
I would think any calendared vinyl would do. Permanent adhesive (not removable - ya don't want it to fall off). I've checked out the sticker on our furnace, nothing special - just needs to be sticky. The furnace shouldn't get that hot.

Copierguy

I would think any calendared vinyl would do. Permanent adhesive (not removable - ya don't want it to fall off). I've checked out the sticker on our furnace, nothing special - just needs to be sticky. The furnace shouldn't get that hot.
thank-you :)

petepaz

definitely need to use polyester for the high temps unless the location of the label doesn't get hot then vinyl should be fine.
if the customer is using this for their own personal use probably doesn't matter but if this is for a contractor there may be specifications required for a label on the furnace, like a ul approved material